About Murray's Tool Rental - Columbus Ohio
It seems like we've been here forever. Well, since 1937, anyway. That was the year that Harry Murray, Sr. opened a Sunoco station on this corner of Main St. and James Rd.
Harry's sons, Harry, Jr. and Paul took over and ran the station together until the late 40's. At that point, Harry, Jr. bought out his brother's interest in the business and began expansion. Harry, Jr. began fabricating and renting moving trailers. By the mid-1950's, he was a full-fledged member of the American Rental Association, offering a modest line of tools and equipment to people just like yourself.
In 1979, Harry, Jr. handed the keys to his daughter Patsy and son-in-law Terry Moore. Their son, Andy, joined the business after high school, and their daughter Wendy came on board to handle operational duties. Wendy's husband, Ed Babcock has been sharing counter duties with the rest of the family and Terry and Patsy's grandson, Padraic has started working here every Saturday, making him the 4th generation of friendly Murray's Tool Rental experts available to assist you.
Terry credits Bob Luther, our mechanic for over 30 years, as the reason we've been able to keep going and growing!